FUNCTIONAL BLOOD CHEMISTRY ANALYSIS
There's a story in your blood! What is it telling you?
Blood tests have been used as a tool for measuring health for a long time. However, they have been used primarily as a means for diagnosing disease. Functional Blood Chemistry Analysis is a fresh new look at an old tool of measure with the intention of preventing disease before it takes hold of one's health. It is patient centric rather than disease centric approach to healthcare.
Current research and scientific study within the medical field has opened new doors into how nutrition professionals look at markers in the blood for nutritional deficiencies and imbalances. A comprehensive blood chemistry panel can give a nutrition professional insight into developing problems and allow for a preventative course of action.
There really is no better health screen that is more efficient than a comprehensive blood test. It will also establish a baseline that can be used to track a person's health over time. When performed along with a comprehensive health evaluation it provides both the nutrition professional and the client peace of mind knowing that a thorough screening has taken place.
Most healthcare providers today will not run this kind of in-depth testing. They tend run very basic blood panels and try to diagnose a person's condition based upon limited information. This is likely due to cost, insurance limitations and a general lack of focus on disease prevention. Each individual test tells only a part of the story. Although some of these tests hold merit on their own, they are each part of a puzzle. When all of the blood chemistry markers are looked at as a whole, it provides a much more complete picture as to how healthy, or ill, the patient truly is.
What is the difference between a Functional Blood Chemistry Analysis and “regular” blood testing?
When interpreting blood chemistry lab results, there is a Functional Range and a Pathological Range. Test values that fall between the Functional Range and the Pathological Range are considered sub clinical and can indicate the beginning stages of disease. They should be used as markers, indicating something that is not as good as it should be; or they can be a sign of a developing condition that is not bad enough to treat medically…at least not yet.
Most health practitioners today use only the Pathological Ranges and do not address the sub clinical findings until they become a serious medical condition. The goal is to identify developing nutritional problems and prevent them from manifesting into a serious medical condition. This will help us on our path to true health and a better quality life.
Benefits of a Comprehensive Blood Chemistry Analysis
- Determine which nutritional, homeopathic and/or botanical products will best address your individual needs.
- Avoid wasting money on “The Supplement of the Month”. In other words, on products that provide nutrients that you are not deficient in and don't need to supplement.
- Provide nutritional protocols that address your deficiencies and help your body return to a healthy state.
- Provides early detection of emerging, life-threatening health conditions.
- It is an inexpensive way to determine how effective your nutritional program has been. Follow-up testing allows you to chart the effectiveness of your program and make precise adjustments when needed.
- Maintaining your blood marker values within the optimal ranges will allow your immune system to function better, allow you to utilize nutrients more efficiently and help you live a much healthier, happier and hopefully longer more vibrant life.
Nutritional Analysis of Your Blood Test May Indicate the Need for:
- Diet and lifestyle changes
- Nutritional support of metabolic pathways
- Nutritional support of key organs for weight loss and detoxification
- Key nutrients such as Vitamin A, B6, B12, D
- Fluid and electrolyte balance
- Minerals such as magnesium, calcium and iron
- Tissue hydration
- And much more...
Signs of Nutritional Imbalance:
- Mental and emotional symptoms including mood swings
- Structural/musculoskeletal symptoms
- Optical symptoms like difficulty in night vision
- Symptoms such as weight gain, fatigue, pain, etc.
- Cardiovascular health issues
A person's state of health should be monitored regularly. Doing so can significantly reduce the risk of developing many common disorders that plague our society today…such as…heart disease, cancer, diabetes/blood sugar imbalances, liver and thyroid conditions, kidney disease, stroke, anemia, vitamin/mineral deficiencies, hormonal imbalances, fatigue, abnormal weight gain, mood imbalances, bone loss, sexual dysfunction, memory impairment, and so on. There is no better time than right now to take the necessary steps to scientifically prevent future disease and achieve optimal health and well being!
Please fill out the form to your right and I will call you to see if you are a good fit for this program. I'm only taking a limited number of clinical cases at this time. You may also chat with me during business hours at the chat bubble below or call my office at +1 (956) 267-4880.
Download a list of the required blood markers for a complete analysis
Find a LABCORP lab near you
Additional lab tests may be requested based on reported symptoms and/or findings from initial labs. These tests will incur additional charges and are NOT included in the fee above. Please note that functional blood chemistry analysis is for educational and nutritional purposes and is not intended to diagnose or replace the work of your primary care physician.